Thursday, June 29, 2017

An ocean of love...

Hello, hello!

I've colored up one more gorgeous mermaid from A Day For Daisies to help wrap up this month of mermaids. She's called Ocean's Beauty and I just adore her vintage look. There's something about her hair and those big ol' ribbons that bring to mind old photos of girls from the 1890's. That association is probably a big reason why she ended up in the soft, monochromatic sea green combo that I went with. It suits her quiet beauty and peaceful looking nature. The distressed paper from Basic Grey totally inspired my coloring of her tail and I love how it turned out. I even used the same Copics to color the coordinating ribbon that I added to the bottom of the card. Talk about a totally different look from yesterday's card but that is why mermaids are so much fun, bright and bold or soft and subtle, they always look amazing.  :)

Talk at'cha later!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink
paper- Basic Grey
printed vellum
digital stamp- A Day For Daisies (Ocean's Beauty)
stamp- Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Papertrey Ink stormy sea
Kaiser Craft pearls
My Favorite Things stitched arch die
Hug Snug ribbon
Wink of Stella clear and gold glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
lips- R56
eyeshadow- YG11, YG21
hair- Y28, YR24, YR27, E99, E18
tail- G000, YG11, YG61, YG21, BG53, BG96, BG99
top- YG91, G85
ribbons- YG11, YG61, BG96, BG99
rock- W0, W1, W2, W3
sea- BG000, BG0000
sky- YR30