Monday, May 1, 2017

Smile...

Good morning!

Happy May Day to all my crafty friends out there. I can remember gathering tulips and daffodils into a construction paper cone as a child and leaving them on our doorstep for my mom to find as a May Day surprise. It was so fun to knock on the door and then run and hide, waiting for the gift to be found. Looking back now I feel sorry for my Mom's poor flower beds... all that work only to have the flowers all plucked in one day. She never seemed to mind though and we did end up with some lovely bouquets, LOL! 
Since I can't share real flowers here on the ol' blog I figure paper flowers are the next best thing. So I pulled out one of my all time favorite floral papers from the Simple Stories Sunshine and Happiness collection and inked up the perfect little fairy to go with. She is from Impronte d'Autore and she's called Fatina Stella Di Natale. Originally she is supposed to be a Christmas poinsettia fairy but I didn't see why she couldn't be enjoyed all the year through. I inked her up in a light grey to do some more no-line coloring and I'm quite pleased with the results. When it came time to embellish the card she looked like she needed something to engage with down in that corner so I threw on a few flowers. Then I thought that it would be nice to have a ladybug peeking out but I didn't have a ladybug sticker that was small enough. The solution presented itself when I pulled out my sequins to fill the flower centers. There was a pink sequin that was the perfect size and color so I just flipped it dome side up and drew on the black dots and antennae... voila instant ladybug!   :)

Have a beautiful day! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
paper- Simple Stories (Sunshine and Happiness)
stamps- Impronte d'Autore (Fatina Stella Di Natale), October Afternoon (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and grey flannel
My Favorite Things dome stitched die
Prima flowers
Pretty Pink Posh summer mix sequins
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E74, E77, E49
flower- RV55, RV17, RV19, R89, Y06, Y18, YR04
wings- G000, G00, BG0000
dress- YG21, YG93, YG95, YG23, Y06, Y18, YR04
ground- E30, E31, E34, E44

4 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AHHHHHHHH This is soooooooo Adorable!!!! love the no line technique and your creative lady bug too!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

Oh my gosh!! She is precious and the ladybug, divine. Hugs.

Tracey Ann said...

This is one of the sweetest images I've seen you bring to life, Amy! Adore this!

Juls said...

Stunning xx