Thursday, April 6, 2017

Happy Birthday...

Hey there!

My wonderful friend Tracey celebrated her birthday on Tuesday and I wanted to make her a very special card for the occasion. So I started to think about which image would be perfect and suddenly this classic Greeting Farm digi called Pretty Head Lily popped into my brain. As much as I adore both her and her sister Rachel neither one has ever made it onto a card of mine. I got to thinking about why that was and I think it is because I always wished that I could color in those big beautiful eyes rather than have them print out black. Now that I've been playing around with no-line coloring the solution to that problem was staring me right in the face. All I had to do once Lily was in Word was click on the Format button, choose Recolor and then Washout. By doing this, I was able to print Lily out in a very light grey line that totally disappeared once I started coloring. This allowed me to finally be able to color in her gorgeous eyes and I am SO excited to finally give this older image a new chance at fulfilling its crafty destiny. In fact I had such a blast coloring Lily up that now I'm secretly hoping Marie will add some new Pretty Heads to the store, LOL! And I'm also adding this as my second entry into the 'spring flowers' Farm Fresh Challenge since there is practically a whole flower garden going on here. ;)

Laters!     
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
digital stamp- The Greeting Farm (Pretty Head Lily)
stamp- Papertrey Ink (Keep It Simple Birthday III)
ink- Papertrey Ink shaded lilac
Papertrey Ink die
My Favorite Things stitched scallop circle die
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Ranger liquid pearls
Creative Imaginations pearl brads
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E21, E13, E04, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, E33, E35
eyes- B63, B66, B69, 100, BG000
eyelashes- E49
eyeshadow- YG0000, YG00, YG93
lips- R20, RV42, RV13
clothes- V01, V12, V15, E81, C1, C5, C6, C9

7 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Wowzers!!!!! This card is Gorgeous looking!!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Juls said...

Stunning creation xx

Dotty Jo said...

How do you do it???? Amazing - again, Jo x

Julie D. Richards said...

Absolutely beautiful. Hugs.

Tracey Ann said...

Ahhh, Amy... she is so beautiful, and it fills my heart every time I look at her!!! Thank you, my dear friend! 💕

Aileen said...

Stunning Amy simply stunning she looks so perfect. Doesnt appear to be available any more, went over to search for her. Will settle on staring at your girl, love this no line colouring.

Carisa said...

This. This is why you are my coloring idol. WOWSA!!!! Thanks {again!} for joining in our FF challenge at The Greeting Farm this month!