Friday, April 24, 2015

Frosting on top...

TGIF my friends and fellow card makers! 

You didn't think I would make a cake for my sister's birthday and not make a card to match did you? That would be crazy, LOL! And you know I had just the stamp to make the perfect birthday card for Jac... this super sweet Dawn with Cake from Nellie Snellen. I even tried to make her cake look like a German Chocolate cake, though Dawn's looks much fancier than mine did. Though I'm happy to report that the real deal got rave reviews from everyone. But the best part of the night was surprising Jac with the news of a girls day out shopping trip to Spokane this weekend. We are all pretty excited to hit our favorite Chinese restaurant and have some major fun. :)

Ok, I'll see ya all on Monday. Have a fabulous weekend!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Daydream)
stamps- Nellie Snellen (Dawn with Cake), My Favorite Things (Delicious Birthday)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown
My Favorite Things stitched square dies
Doodlebug Sprinkles
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E53, E55, E57
clothes- RV10, RV21, R20, R81, R83, R85, E50, E81, 0, YG03, YG95, YR12, YR24, YR27, E41, E42, E43
cake- E57, E59, E30, E31, E35, BG000, 0, Y02, Y19
ground- W1, W3, W7, W8, W10

6 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Aweeeeee so very pretty! !!! YOur sister is lucky to have such a creative sister. sounds like a fabulous weekend! !!! Enjoy!!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

Oh so cute. you're going to have a great girls day out. i miss those with my mom who passed last Thanksgiving day.

Unknown said...

This is adorable! She'll love it!

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful! Jo x

Kate said...

Oh my gosh, this is turning into such a nice way to start my day! Just love seeing your new posts in my email inbox. German chocolate cake was an all time fav for us 4 girls when we were kids. My son hates coconut so I never get to make it now! So happy you guys are having lots of fun celebrating! Nice to have a nice sister!

Ellen H. said...

Super cute, the usual stuff here :)