Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Merry Little Christmas...

Olo! 

It's Wednesday and I have a card to share for today's review preview over at CC Designs. :)
I've been coloring this Merry Christmas stamp off and on for a few days because there is quite a lot going on in this super cute scene. Henry and Twila are busy decorating the tree with a bit of 'help' from their four-legged friends and I think I must have been having flashbacks from my own childhood memories of Christmas because I gave these kiddos the same brown shag carpeting that I grew up with, LOL! I didn't even have any papers in mind as I worked on this image which is unusual for me. But I felt pretty safe, considering I have a lot of Christmas paper scraps to pull from and ended up with a fun mix of prints to highlight Henry and Twila's Christmas joy. 

There is even more holiday inspiration to be found from my fellow CCD teamies over on the CCD blog today so be sure to check that out as well! And of course all of the new release stamps can be found right here in the CCD store. :)

Well, I'm off to spend the day looking for a new clothes dryer... I'm tired of fighting with the current one to even turn on so wish me luck that I can finally kick it to the curb! ;)

Laters!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug (stripe), Reminisce (green dot)
digital paper- KI Memories (text print)
stamps- Roberto's Rascals (Merry Christmas), Studio G (sentiment), Art Warehouse (circle)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Nick Bantock sapmoss green
Divine Twine
Studio Calico epoxy stars
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E31, E34, E35 and E50, E51, E53
clothes- YG01, YG03, YG25, E40, E41, 0, R24, R27, R29, E19
dog/cat- YR20, YR21, YR24 and E40, N5, N7, E95
tree/ornaments- YG23, YG67, G29, E31, E34, E57, G07, G09, R35, R37, R39, BG11, BG53, BG57, Y13, Y15, Y17, RV02, RV52, RV55, E07, E19
background- E53, E55, E57, E59, E40, 0

10 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is Fabulous!!! I love this stamp and you colored it up Perfect as usual!!! Good Luck doll on a new dryer!!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

theCook said...

These are so cute!!! Especially love the cat behind the tree (took me some time to spot it, but now my eyes seem to focus on it everytime I look at your card...)

Nancy Thomas said...

I didn't get this image and you are really making me wish that I did with this beautifully colored card. Good luck with the appliance shopping!

Lau W said...

How cute is this image ! Your card is splendid Amy !
xxx

Julye said...

fab card and hope yopu find your new drier

Julie D. Richards said...

Absolutely adorable. I just got "I want that" and "Santa's coming". Haven't started coloring them yet because I'm working on my parents 65th anniversary card.

Loz said...

they're gorgeous Amy x

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhhh, SO CUTE!!!

Tress said...

What an adorable card! Reminds me of when my kids were little! Hope you were successful in your search for a new dryer!

Unknown said...

Oh my! Your card is just too cute. The stamp is adorable and reminds me of my children when they were little...complete with the cat. You did a fantastic job on coloring the image. Just added the stamp to my I must have list.