Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A melon thanks...

Hello!

It took a good chunk out of my day yesterday but I was super productive and got a lot of what I most needed to take care of crossed off my to-do list. Yeah me! I even made time to stop at the car wash while I was out and about because poor W3 was looking a bit grimy. I'm happy to report that she's nice and shiny once again, LOL! 
So that means, besides the usual chores around the house I'm free to play today. I really want to color and I am also going to clean and purge the crafty room. I promised to give my neighbor a bunch of unused paper since she works with kids at the local elementary school in an afters art program and they can always use supply donations. Talk about a win/win... much needed space and organization for me, pretty papers for the kiddos. ;)

Alrighty, onto my card for the day... it's review preview time over on the CC Designs blog once again and I inked up the new Swiss Pixie Watermelon Abigail. I knew that I had this ooooold watermelon paper in my stash and I had to pair it up with Abigail. I can't even tell you how many years this paper has been sitting and waiting for some love, so it was great to finally get it on a card. I like to think that it was just waiting for this sweet as can be stamp to come along. :)

Well that's all I got folks. There are loads more cute cards featuring the July release over on the CC Designs blog so check that out. And I'll see ya manana!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Carolee's Adorn It
stamps- CC Designs (Watermelon Abigail), My Sentiments Exactly (sentiment), Basic Grey (ant)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, Colorbox chestnut roan
My Favorite Things doily die
button
Papertrey Ink twine
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E59
clothes- R14, R17, E07, G43, G46, G28, Y32, Y35, E40, E41, 0, T6, T8, T10, Y28

8 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

omg this is super duper cute!!!! That paper is totally perfect with this new cutie!! You should enter it in the challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps challenge blog where the theme is use a Hoarded item. That paper fits perfectly with the challenge!! Have an Awesome day doll. By this time tomorrow we are suppose to be on the road to vacation so I will have to check you out on mobile!!!

hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Фея снов said...

So cute! :)

Bev said...

Super cute card. Love her hair, need to try this combination.

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, I love this card.

Julie D. Richards said...

How perfect is that bg paper with the cutie patootie and her slice of melon? Love it Amy. Have a wonderful crafty day.

Tress said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love those background papers! Hoarding, um saving, the paper for the right moment paid off!

Hlora said...

Gorgeous colouring on the image and such a pretty card

Linda said...

very cute card!!! I love how well the sentiment goes with the image and the paper!!! Everything matches so perfectly.