Monday, June 17, 2013

Hello...

Hey there!

I'm afraid it's just another manic Monday around here (wish it was a Sunday, 'cause that's my fun day... oh oh ohhh). LOL, sorry about that, I was having a bit of a Bangles flash back moment. ;)
Seriously though, I'm anxious for my day off to roll around because I have plans to finally go see the new Star Trek movie! Now while I admit to being a nerd in many ways I was never much of a Trekkie, sure I can remember watching the original in re-runs during my youth when it would come on after The Flintstones and Jetsons every weekday afternoon, but the movies never grabbed me. The current reboot though is a whole other story... LOVE it! Plus, Into Darkness has Benedict Cumberbatch, who is just amazing. If you haven't yet seen the BBC Sherlock series I highly recommend it, you will not be disappointed! So yea, I'm just a bit excited for Wednesday to get here. :)

Ok, as for my card today, I made this one to enter into the Garden Variety challenge over at TGF. This one is all about making a Girly Girl card so I went straight to my collection of Miss Anyas. Something about them just says feminine and girly to me. Still being in a very summer time frame of mind, I grabbed the Miss Anya from the old Rain, Snow and Shine set. I wanted open eyes though so I opted for a bit of a head swap. I loved all the curly hair on Miss Anya Bags so she was a perfect candidate for this make over. I think they came together quite nicely and I have to say, this altered Miss Anya has me longing for a new set sometime in the future... it sure feels like it has been a while since we got any Miss Anyas or My Guy Ians. OMG, I would kill for some summer looking My Guys! We don't have any dressed in shorts or anything. I guess that is just one more thing to be keeping my fingers crossed for.

Okey dokey, time for me to get a move on.
Talk at'cha later!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Cosmo Cricket (Summer Love), Studio Calico (Hello)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Rain, Snow and Shine Miss Anya, Miss Anya Bags)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Prima shabby tote
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft gems
Freckled Fawn gold washi tapes
Studio Calico gold sequins
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55
clothes- R30, R32, R35, RV42, Y11, Y32, Y35, Y38, YR04, BG53, BG57     

5 comments:

Billie A said...

great summer colors and lovely image.

Julie D. Richards said...

Awe, she's very girly-girl. Love her colorful outfit. I must be a lot older than you. I'm a Trekie from the beginning. But, I also like the new movies. But, I have to wait til it comes out on video as I can't sit to watch, gotta lay down. Hope you have fun. :-)

Rhonda Miller said...

This is fabulous. I love the colors.

Tress said...

Another fabulous summer card! With the "Hello" background paper, she looks like a tourist on holiday in Europe!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is soooo darn cute!!! I don't know how I missed this yesterday. I had a Monday from Hell for one. omg!! Congrats on winning the Garden Variety Tues. challenge at TGF. Love how you colored her hair!!!
Have an Terrific evening!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke