Sunday, November 20, 2011

Merry & Bright

Hello friends!

I finally watched the Pirates 4 movie last night and I gotta say that it was worth the wait... loved everything about it! The only bad thing is that now I'm really hoping there will be a 5th one because it seems like a lot of loose ends where still left hanging. There's just something about Captain Jack Sparrow that I find oddly appealing... must be the whole 'bad boy' thing. ;)

Anywho, I finally got around to making a card with the adorable Lili of the Valley Shine a Light stamp that I colored up for my Candle Glow video last month. I recently went through my scrap bags (which I normally sort by color) and pulled all of the Christmas paper scraps that I came across and put them in their own pile. This way I hope to use more of them up a lot faster than I have been. That's not to say I can't use new goodies as well, 'cause I sure haven't been able to resist picking up some of this year's fab paper releases, but I'm going to try and mix the old with the new. Which is exactly what I've done here... most of the papers are from an older Making Memories line but I added in the sheet with the sentiment printed on it from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 6x6 pad. I think it all works together and it was nice to see the paper pile get that much smaller. :)

Alrighty, time for me to make a cup of cocoa and go about enjoying this day off. No big plans, but I do need to try and get a few things done before this upcoming week of birthday revelry and Thanksgiving get-togethers.

Later gators! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Making Memories (Falala), My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found Christmas)
stamp- Lili of the Valley (Shine a Light)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
American Crafts twine
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20 (Y02 candlelight)
hair- E35
clothes- R24, R27, R29, E18, E40, E41, 0, YG25, YG17, G29, YG03, G07, E35, E57, E59
candle/snow/sky- Y13, Y21, Y26, Y28, BG000, G0000, Y00, BV23, 0

19 comments:

Kay D said...

This is so sweet- your coloring is beautiful, and I just adore how some of the snowflakes are pearls!

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, the addition of those pearls is such a sweet touch, Jo x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card and love the papers ♥

Creations by Shirl said...

Love the card Amy, great colours and papers as always....

Kerryn said...

That's a lovely card!! It's a great idea to start using up scraps. I have an ever growing pile of them myself.

yvon said...

Hi Amy,
Your card is so sweet. Love that image.
Hugs, Yvon

Tress said...

Amy, another beautiful card! And the way you colored her to show the glow of the lantern is lovely.

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
wat een lieve kerstkaart met prachtig papier en een leuke /lieve digi!
gr corry

Unknown said...

This is so sweet Amy, love the cute image and all the lovely colours. Hugs xxx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and pearl accents.

Iverova said...

I really liked the imitation snow! I would not be smart enough to use as pearls! This makes the postcard magic!

RiNNE said...

What a lovely card, Amy!! I love the scraps you used!! Great idea sorting them by color (I've been sorting them by theme!). The coloring and pearls are astonishing!

I have to say sorry that your Bday will be coming late :(. I've caught a cold/ cough and it just dampened my already-going-sour-mojo (LOL!!). Just realized that we have the same day for our bdays (although different months and seasons). It's also the same as my bro-in-law's. :). Hope you're having a fabulous Bday weekend, chica!!! Hugs!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

what a cute Christmas card..I love the way you coloured the coat..beautiful :)

Crafty Loops said...

Gorgeous card Amy, the image is so sweet. Lee x

gobeagirl said...

Amy as always you make your cards just look fantastic. She is sooo pretty in her little red winter coat and hat. I love how you have used your peals to help bring out the snow that is falling all around her. I love it and I love that you have mixed the old with the new. Perfect! Hope you had a great day. Have a great rest of your evening. It snowed here a little today, but didn't really add up to too much. Yay! Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

Pretty card Amy! I love her outfit and the light shining from the lamp looks terrific! Love how you mixed up the old and new papers. The pearls do look like falling snow. A wonderful touch.
Have a great week.

Mette said...

This is really sweet Amy. Love your colouring and the way the light reflects on the little girl.
I too have a scrap pile sorted by colours and am desperately trying to reduce it lol.

Hugs, Mette

Brandi said...

Beautiful ~ love the colors and the "snow" pearls. :)

Arabella said...

This is so beautiful Amy! I love it! The candle glow effect is perfect!

Arabella