Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hello sunshine!

Mornin' folks!

I've got a big shopping day ahead of me so my post will be quick. :)
This past week has been hot, hot, hot and as I've been inside completely thankful for the invention of air conditioning, the cards I've been making all seem to reflect a definite summer time feel. I think it is partly due to my wishfulness for the ever elusive golden tan. Me, I've been 'blessed' with skin that goes from white to lobster red... no in between. Sigh, if only I could give myself a nice E13 glow like Florence here, LOL! ;)

Speaking of Florence, doesn't she look like a gal ready to enjoy a day poolside? Now all she needs is a nice icy drink and things would be perfect... oh where is that cabana boy when you need him? LOL

Ok, keep cool my friends and I'll see ya again tomorrow! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Reminisce (stripe), DCWV (water)
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie (Florence), Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
ribbon
Making Memories brad
American Crafts thicker border
Zva tiny pearl
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E21, E13, R20
hair- E74, E77, E79, 0
clothes- C3, C5, C7, C9, Y00, Y02, Y06, Y08, BG11, BG32, BG34, G0000, G000, 0, N5, N9

22 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is such a super cool summer card I love it!! You always make the most UHMAZING cards!!
Kristy xx

Kimberly S said...

Simply fabulous Amy! Love the water, and she sure does look like she's enjoying her day. Too funny about the E13, not so fun on turning lobster red though! Hope you enjoy that shopping day! :)

Lisa Summerhays said...

She looks great! I hear you. I have glow-in-the-dark white skin. It never changes unless I burn. :) Love your card. Makes me want to go swimming.

scrapn_momof2 said...

She looks diva-licous!! Great card as always!

♥Rach♥ said...

Hahaha, you now describe your skin tone in Copic shades, lol!! Try the Neutrogena spray sunblock, it's wonderful.

Love this super fun card, she's so sassy and your shading on her glasses is awesome :0)

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy. She is fantastic. I guarentee you that I do not look as sweet by the pool side. lol...I just love this! You can just see the sun reflecting off that water as someone is playing. I LOVE this. Have fun shopping. Hugs, Lisa

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Super cute! Your coloring is amazing - love what you did with her sunglasses and hair! She looks like she's on a floaty! Love it!
Enjoy shopping and stay cool :)
hugs, margie

RiNNE said...

Ok...you truly are the QUEEN of scenic cards! I have that water paper too but I would've never thought to place it like the pool! You're amazing, Amy, and I simply adore this!

Sparkplug17 said...

Just adorable! Have fun shopping.

Barb said...

Oh-so-cute! And the coloring is amazing :)

BJ said...

Amy!!!!!! Too cute!!! Don't over do the shopping today! Hope it's fun shopping!

Angela said...

Oh she is just adorable!! Love the way you colored her!! THat water paper looks great on htis card!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Maylee said...

She is sooo cute! Love her shades!

Maria Therese said...

Cool card and gorgeous coloring!!

Shirley N said...

I agree, that is really a COOL card, that water looks so inviting! I love your coloring, so perfectly matched to your DP and her glasses look awesome! Have a great weekend Amy!

donna mikasa said...

Such a great card, Amy! Love that patterned paper--makes for a cool poolside scene. That, and Florence's E13 tan! Love this!!

Melissa S said...

Fabulous card Amy! I just love Florence with her stylish sunglasses!

Tracey Feeger said...

What a cool card. Love the image all coloured beautifully.
mwah
Trace

Juls said...

Fabulous!! your colouring as always is amazing!!! I love the water detail and the scallops! Hugs Juls

Alice said...

LOVE her tan skin! super cute card! love it! have a happy day shopping!! =)

Stamping Cafe said...

Awesome card, Amy! Makes me want to go to the beach and enjoy the Summer with my girls, to bad we are still unpacking! Beach is far away from us now... maybe swimming pool! :)

Pam Varnell said...

Fantastic!!! Makes me want to go swimming. Beautiful card Amy.